Safety Net is an Action Team of Social Justice. Our goal is to work in a positive way to effect much-needed change in the policies, procedures and attitudes surrounding clergy sexual misconduct in Unitarian Universalist congregations. Some ways we hope to do this are to:
- Work closely with the UUA Board and staff as they respond to our 2013 call for a national conversation on clergy sexual misconduct
- Develop a certification program for UU Congregations that are “safe.” This would be similar to the Welcoming Congregation Program.
- Develop a curriculum in support of the certification program.
- Raise awareness around power differentials.
- Raise awareness that clergy sexual misconduct is an issue of social justice.
- Set up a resource for survivors of UU clergy sexual misconduct.