Policies and Procedures
- UUA Ministerial Fellowship Committee Rules and Policies The official documents that guide UUA procedure in responding to allegations of clergy sexual misconduct.
- The UUMA Guidelines for the Conduct of Ministry Contains an essay on ministry, the ethical Code of Professional Practice, and the guidelines themselves.
- Process for Handling Complaints of Misconduct in your Congregation UUA.org landing page on CSM.
- Restorative Justice for All: Unitarian Universalists Responding to Clergy Sexual Misconduct 2000 report of a Safe Congregations Panel, including 13 recommendations of actions for the UUA. Please note that as of October 2014 sections have been updated, so parts are not the original report.
- An Open Letter About Clergy Sexual Misconduct to the UUA Presidential Candidates March, 2009, letter and response.
- Speaking Truth to Power Archives of a blog by a survivor of UU clergy sexual misconduct. Includes a chronology of UUs addressing clergy misconduct and a flowchart of the MFC Complaint Process in 2007.
- Safe Congregations Website of the UUA’s Office of Congregational Ethics and Safety
- FaithTrust Institute. Clergy Ethics Articles.
- Garland, Diana R. The Prevalence of Clergy Sexual Misconduct with Adults: A Research Study Executive Summary Waco, Texas: Baylor University, 2009.
- Linda Oxford, LCSW, LFMT, Resources on Dealing with Clergy Abuse and Ethical Conduct Standards for Church Leaders: Ms. Oxford is a Tennessee therapist with exptertise in responsing to clergy sexual misconduct.
- Sexual Abuse by Clergy From the blog of the Rev. Dr. Marie Fortune